Veeam Announces Record 2013 Results with Annual Revenue Growth of 58 Percent Over 2012
Strong demand for Data Protection for the Modern Datacenter drives success
Veeam® Software, innovative provider of Protection for the Modern Datacenter™, today announces record revenue results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2013. This marks Veeam’s 24th consecutive quarter in which quarterly bookings revenue has grown by more than 50 percent over the same period during the previous year.
In 2013, annual bookings revenue grew 58 percent over 2012, while new license bookings revenue increased 53 percent over the same period. Total bookings revenue grew 55 percent in Q4 of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012; new license bookings revenue increased 52 percent over that same period.
“Veeam’s success in 2013 is a testament to the success of Veeam Backup & Replication v7, which once again raised the standard for protection for the modern datacenter,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “Our reputation for reliable, high- performance software that makes our customers proclaim, ‘It Just Works!’ ™ has made us one of the fastest growing software companies in the world. We’re excited for 2014 as we continue our journey to achieve $1 billion in revenue within the next five years.”
“In fact, we feel so strongly about the value and capabilities of our solutions that this quarter, we have extended our “Switch to Veeam – Protection for Modern Datacenter” competitive replacement program with up to 20% additional savings (currently available in North America only; global expansion in early February) that enables IT organizations to put Veeam in their modern datacenter for the same price as – or often much less than – the annual renewal cost of their existing legacy backup solution. This program will likely deliver Veeam’s 100,000th customer in early 2014.”
Now protecting over 5.5 million VMs, Veeam’s growth in the mid- and large-size enterprise market continues to gain momentum. “With Veeam, backup speed and reliability have improved immensely, saving us countless hours because no one has to watch over backups anymore, “said Francis Hart, Live Operations Manager for SEGA Europe. “Backup used to be a project in itself, but Veeam turned it into a really easy, automated process that instills confidence in our team. Backups complete within the backup window and are automatically verified for recoverability, giving us peace of mind and more time to focus on datacenter priorities. We also save a lot of money in backup storage because of Veeam’s built-in deduplication, which is phenomenal.”
Veeam received a number of prestigious industry honors during Q4 13, including the following:
• VMworld Europe 2013: Veeam customer SEGA® Europe Ltd. won Best Virtualization and Server Consolidation Project at VMworld Europe 2013 for its use of Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam customer Midverk ehf won Best Virtualization for Disaster Recovery Project as well as overall Best of Show at VMworld Europe 2013.
• 2013 Community Choice Gold Award winner: Penton Media’s Windows IT Pro Magazine named Veeam the 2013 winner in three separate categories for Veeam Backup & Replication: Best Backup & Recovery Product, Best Cloud Computing Product or Service, and Best High Availability/Disaster Recovery Product. Veeam was named the Silver Award winner in the Best Free or Open-Source Tools category for Veeam Backup Free Edition, as well as the Silver Award Winner in the Best Vendor Tech Support category.
• 2013 CRN Channel Awards UK: Specialist Vendor of the Year.
Additional highlights of Q4 and 2013 overall include:
• Veeam Backup & Replication v7: 49 percent of Veeam customers have upgraded to new Backup & Replication v7 within 75 days since its availability in late Q3. The latest release of Veeam’s award-winning flagship software introduced two disruptive innovations – Built-in WAN Acceleration and Backup from Storage Snapshots – as well as 7 market-changing features and 75+ other new enhancements, taking modern data protection to the next level.
• Veeam MP v6.5: New Veeam MP extends deep VMware monitoring, management and capacity planning to Microsoft System Center. In the most recent release, Veeam MP v6.5 includes monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for Veeam Backup & Replication, as well as enhanced fault tolerance that eliminates single point of failure for monitoring.
• Customer Growth: Added over 34,000 new customers in 2013, totaling over 91,500 current paid Veeam customers. Veeam expects to reach and announce their 100,000th customer in early 2014.
• Veeam Cloud Provider Program: Continues to grow revenue at a year-over-year rate of more than 100 percent, which is faster than the overall growth of the company. The VCP program offers flexible monthly and perpetual licensing to meet the needs of hosting, managed service and cloud service providers. Major Q4 accomplishments included expanded partnerships with publicly traded service providers such as Cbeyond, Inc.
• New Partner Margins and Growth: Increased incentives in Veeam’s ProPartner Program provided even more margin for resellers and enabled Veeam to expand its worldwide partner base to 23,000 ProPartners.