Veeam Availability Suite v9 Available TODAY! Veeam’s Most Scalable Solution To-Date Heralds a New Era for Enterprise Availability, Adding 250+ New Innovative Features to its Award-Winning Solution
Baar, Switzerland – January 12, 2016: Veeam® Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™, today announced the general availability of The latest version of Veeam’s award-winning availability solution introduces more than 250 new innovative features and enhancements to help organizations deliver on the needs of the Always-On Enterprise, enabling SLAs (service level agreements) for recovery time and point objectives, or RTPO™, of less than 15 minutes for ALL applications and data.
According to a Forrester/Disaster Recovery Journal survey of global disaster recovery decision-makers, 35 percent of companies reported that mismatched business expectations from technology capabilities was one of the biggest challenges faced when recovering from their most recent disaster or major business disruption[i]. The survey found that business managers and executives are demanding their IT organizations deliver better availability, but IT is struggling to meet those expectations. With Veeam Availability Suite v9, Veeam is enabling enterprises of all sizes to close this gap (the Availability Gap) and deliver 24/7 availability.
“Today’s enterprises are more demanding than ever before, generating ever-increasing amounts of data to which they expect 24/7 access; this places an immense burden on IT to deliver,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO at Veeam. “Veeam Availability Suite v9 addresses these needs with our most robust, scalable and feature-rich offering to date. Almost 42,000 customers registered for pre-launch updates (double that of v8), which illustrates the desire among enterprises to move from legacy backup solutions to innovative availability solutions. With this latest launch, Veeam is solidifying our position as the only company able to meet the needs of today’s Always-On Enterprise.”
Veeam Availability Suite v9 introduces hundreds of enterprise-focused enhancements and new innovative features delivering the following capabilities: high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Notable highlights within Veeam Availability Suite v9 are:
EMC VNX and VNXe hybrid storage array integration
- A powerful combination of Veeam and EMC delivers lower RTPOs with Veeam Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer™ for Storage Snapshots. This integration helps IT professionals rapidly create backups from EMC VNX or VNXe storage snapshots up to 20 times faster than the competition and easily recover individual items in two minutes or less — without staging or intermediate steps — all with minimal impact on production virtual machines (VMs).
NEW Additional Primary Storage Integrations for HP, NetApp and EMC
NEW Veeam Explorer for Oracle (and many other enhancements for the family of Veeam Explorers)
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle: Features unique transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases, including agentless transaction log backup so customers can restore databases to a precise point in time, thus achieving low recovery point objectives (RPOs); quick and simple 1-click restore of individual databases; support for databases running on Windows- and Linux-based servers, and fully compatible with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- New eDiscovery features for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange: Useful for complying with legal or government investigations, new features include detailed export reports specifying exactly what was exported, from where, and with what search criteria; as well as search query result size estimation capabilities; and
- Major enhancements for Microsoft enterprise applications: Allows restores of Group Policy Objects, integrated DNS records and configuration partition objects with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, full-site restores with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, and table-level restores with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server.
DRaaS powered by Veeam Cloud Connect Replication
- Included in v9, Veeam customers get a fully integrated, fast and secure means to replicate workloads to the cloud, enabling Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) with dramatically improved recovery time objectives (RTOs). By building a technology that securely and seamlessly bridges the user to a trusted service provider of their choice, Veeam customers no longer have to build and maintain a disaster recovery site, offloading a tremendous amount of cost and complexity from their IT infrastructure. The extended functionality also gives Veeam Cloud & Service Providers the ability to provide their customers with fast and secure DRaaS with the new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers offering.
Unlimited Scale-out Backup RepositoryTM
- Managing backup storage is an enormous and expensive effort for the enterprise; in no small part because the exponential rate of data growth is outpacing the ability of legacy solutions to manage it efficiently and cost-effectively. Veeam’s new Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository addresses this challenge, lowering backup storage hardware spending and radically simplifying backup storage and backup job management in the enterprise, while improving backup performance up to 2 times.
What early-users and influencers say about Veeam Availability Suite v9:
“The contradiction between the need to raise IT resiliency and agility while trying to reduce storage burdens is adding complexity and burden to many folks’ IT infrastructures. Veeam’s new Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository should help alleviate those burdens by simplifying backup target storage, which ought to further ease administration while providing flexibility to backup and virtualization administrators who have more strategic tasks to do than managing their underlying storage pool.”
Jason Buffington, Senior Data Protection Analyst at ESG
“Veeam Availability Suite V9’s release is a game-changer for the DRaaS market. The new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication feature will allow us to bring true disaster recovery services, with strong SLAs, to enterprises of all shapes and sizes. Together with its world-class ProPartner community, we are excited to continue to deliver on Veeam’s promise of enabling the Always-On Enterprise.”
Ian McClarty, President at PheonixNAP
“Veeam Cloud Connect replication and failover are game changers for managed service providers (MSPs). Veeam lets us utilize unused resources in our cloud environment for replication rather than deploying dedicated physical environments, so we’ve reduced our capital expenditures, the provisioning time for new customers and their monthly recurring charges.”
Matt Breitbach, Storage Engineer at LightEdge Solutions
“[About Veeam Availability Suite v9] It is the most comprehensive update yet with game-changing features – and the previous releases haven’t been short on innovation. If only everything that went into production was of Veeam quality.”
Leonhard Kurz, Consultant at Concat AG IT Solutions
“There is no better platform than Veeam Availability Suite for meeting (and exceeding) RTOs and RPOs for virtual environments. The flexibility and scalability of the platform allows us to architect highly effective solutions for clients of all sizes, from SMB to Enterprise.”
Matt Brown, Director of Engineering at HostedBizz
“Our customers are going to love DRaaS (Disaster Recovery as a Service) with the flexibility to provide full or selective failover and failback to either new or existing infrastructure. The powerful and easy-to-use portal, integrated failover testing, and utility consumption model are an incredibly compelling case for Cloud DRaaS.”
Nicolas Power, General Manager at Zettagrid
Pricing for the new Veeam Availability Suite v9 starts at $1,150 per socket; pricing for Veeam Availability Suite Enterprise Plus starts at $2,650 per socket. In other regions, Veeam Availability Suite v9 is available at local pricing. For further details on the new Veeam Availability Suite v9, visit the
About Veeam Software
Veeam® recognizes the new challenges enterprises of all sizes across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Business™, one that must operate 24/7/365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™. Unlike “Legacy Backup” solutions which provide recovery time (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) of hours or days, Veeam helps enterprises meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data. This is achieved through a fundamentally new kind of holistic solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified protection, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite™, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication™, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 34,500 ProPartners and more than 168,000 customers worldwide. Veeam’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit https://www.veeam.com/.