Synology® Unveils Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta
Coming with efficient desktop client and flexible failover, the streamlined surveillance tool you’ll love.
Taipei, Taiwan—October 24th, 2016—Synology® Inc. today announced the Beta availability of Surveillance Station 8.0, and welcomed testers around the world to join the Beta testing program. Valuable feedback and suggestion will be adopted in the official release of Surveillance Station 8.0.
“Surveillance station 8.0 Beta introduces new efficient desktop client and painless failover setup on CMS to our users.” said Jonathan Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc., “By supporting more new codecs, auto-adjustment on live view interface and third party intelligent video analyses tools, the new face of Surveillance Station will show how easy it can be to gain a lot more sense of security.”
Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta includes the following new features:
- Surveillance Station Client: In addition to checking live views and managing channels within browsers, users can now install Surveillance Station Client and enjoy two times faster live view and timeline launching, smoother live view experience, and be free from browser limitations.
- Multiple Streaming: Supporting automatic and manual resolution adjustment based on the size of the monitoring window or event, saving users bandwidth consumption1 when prospecting multiple channels.
- Advanced action rule: More advanced action rules and events are supported to further automate the surveillance system. By flexibly utilizing the logical operators and multiple events, actions can be triggered when one or all of the pre-defined criteria is met.
- Automatic failover: Users can enable flexible failover on CMS in Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta. It allows users to enjoy intact surveillance structure with minimized downtime, less required servers, and lower threshold on cost and management.
- New Codecs: Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta now supports new H.265 codec, enabling more supported cameras for users to choose from while providing both live view and recording by consuming 25% less bandwidth2 with faster streaming experience. Optimized H.264+ by Hikvision® and Smart Stream by ZAVIO® are also supported.
- VS360HD firmware upgrade: The firmware of VS360HD has been upgraded for users to connect freely to the NAS, and manage almost every feature of Surveillance Station on it. QuickConnect ID and HTTPs connections are also supported to let user easily access your Surveillance Station from anywhere in the world.
1 Can save up to 85% of bandwith with 1080p streams. Tested under H.264 10FPS environment.
2 Minimum performance gain. More details on H.265 official website.
To learn more about Surveillance Station 8.0 Beta, please visit www.synology.com/beta/2017_SurveillanceStation_80.